July 9, 2007

God Bless Texas

It has become more evident to me lately just how great of a state that Texas is. Absence makes the heart grow fonder? I think so. So yes, I am going to be the stereotypical Texan and have an immense amount of pride for my home state. I will now list a few of the pro's for you:

1. The Barbeque
2. That people wear cowboy hats with their regular attire...to work, to church etc.
3. Your Texas Rangers!! (They may not be that great of a team, but everyone enjoys going to the games...dollar hot dog night anyone?)
4. Swimming Pool's in backyards. (Its all community pools here...even in the richest of neighborhoods.)
5. Did I mention the Barbeque?

I'm sure I could think of many many more. Also, I think you can judge a state's greatness factor on the amount of songs written about it. I can think of at least five songs written about Texas just off the top of my head. How many songs do you know about Kansas? Right. So for those of you that still obtain your Texas driver's license....say a little prayer of thanks today.

1 comments:

monica said...

i like #1 and #5.

God Bless Texas.
No, God THANK YOU FOR CREATING Texas.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com