Last night Christopher and I had the privilege of serving Thanksgiving dinner to the men at the Kansas City Rescue Mission. It was really neat to just sit and talk with these men, even though it was a little hard for me to think of things to say. But the point is we sat and ate with them. I hope that those men felt loved by us.
They served the meal at two different times since there were so many people. So the first go round we served and the second time we actually got to sit and eat with them. It was really great to see the different families who were there from our church. The WHOLE family, not just Mom and the Kids. Kuddos to those families for instilling servant hood in those kids.
Tonight we have a potluck Thanksgiving dinner at our church so I am about to run to the grocery store to get everything I need to make my Nazarene Potatoes! (Thanks Dianna!) And then it won't be too long until we are home with our families for Thanksgiving!! Yay!
So I think its fitting to say that the Holiday Season is upon us and let the festivities begin!
Chicken Bacon Gnocchi
5 days ago

1 comments:
That sounds great - what a blessed way to start the holidays!
Post a Comment