I don't really have that much to say right now, but I haven't posted in awhile so I figured I should. I think they call that "blog guilt".
This the 3rd or 4th rainy day we've had this week and I'm ready for some sunshine. I guess I shouldn't complain that much though because at least we're no where near all these hurricanes.
We have officially made it through one month of school. Yea! I still love, love, love my kids. And my job. Some days are hard but thats ok. On Friday my kids earned a party for their good behavior so we had a "Read In". It was pretty cool. They all brought their pillows and books and some even wore their pajamas. I made the mistake of telling them they could bring popcorn for a snack, so I spent about 30 minutes running back and forth to the lounge popping popcorn. Ha! Lesson learned Mrs. Branigan. My principal came in while they were all reading and I was glad he got to see my class doing something fun.
Last Tuesday night I got together with some girls from church and it was a blast! We hung out at Rachels apartment and just gabbed and snacked. I am definitely looking forward to next week!
I don't really have that much more to say but I did want to share this funny story...This week in writing my kids were writing stories that went along with the children's books If You Give a Mouse a Cookie. So one of my students wrote:
If you give a lion a lollipop, he's going to want some meat to go with it.
So you'll give him your dog! (hahahaha...it gets better)
If you give him your dog he'll probably want some barbeque sauce and coleslaw on the side.
Stinkin hilarious. I love 3rd grade.
Chicken Bacon Gnocchi
5 days ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment