January 25, 2009

Chinese New Year!

Well for almost the past year I have been involved in teaching ELL (english language learner) classes at our church. The majority of my students are Asian and it has just blessed my heart so much. I really fell in love with the Asian culture when I had the opportunity to go to Taiwan during college and I have been wanting to go back ever since. So anyway, each Wednesday night I get a small taste of what that would be like.

Today however, we got a BIG taste of what that would be like when we went to a Chinese New Year celebration at the Chinese church that many of my students go to. We rushed there right after church and made it just in time to eat. We ate rice (of course!), noodles, shrimp, egg rolls and more. Chris was more adventurous than me and had the pork and chicken with his meal. Everyone we met was more than kind and hospitable toward us. I'm really glad we were able to go for my students and for our sake. In college Chris wasn't able to go with me to Taiwan and eventhough he has completely adopted my love for the Asian culture as his own, I was glad that today he got to actually experience some of it.

Unfortunately we forgot the camera so I figured I would put some pictures up from my trip to Taiwan! Because no blog post is complete without pictures!!



0 comments:

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com