March 28, 2009

She's 24!

That is what my sweet 3rd graders wrote on a TON of signs and put all around my room for my birthday on Wednesday.

Well, Wednesday was my birthday but we really started celebrating last week when we were home with the rest of the Branigans and finished up our celebrating last night! On my actual birthday I woke up to a beautiful bouquet of red gerber daisies and a funny card from the hubs. Then when I went to school my sweet friend/teammate Shelley greeted me with a starbucks coffee tumbler full of starbucks chai latte! Yumm!! Later in the day after lunch my class gave me a birthday party which was out of control/chaotic/hysterical. My homeroom mom brought in cupcakes that spelled out "Happy Birthday Mrs. Branigan" and ice cream. She even brought in toppings for the ice cream so we could make sundaes! On top of all that my class gave me a really cool gift...There is a Culinary Center in downtown Overland Park that has cooking classes and they gave me a gift certificate so I could go take a class! The funny thing is that I have been wanting to do that since we moved here and they didn't even know that. They also gave me some fun cooking gadgets and one of my little boys gave me planted tulips. (I hope I don't kill them...I don't exactly have a green thumb...)


Well Chris and I finished up the celebrating last night at Red Lobster. We ate coconut shrimp, garlic shrimp, and crab legs! It was SO good. And I have to give the "Best Crab Leg Cracker" award to none other than Chris. I don't know how he doesn't but he gets all the meat out! Haha.


All in all I would say it was a fabulous birthday!


0 comments:

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com