September 27, 2009

Happy Fall Y'all

It is really starting to look and feel like fall here in Kansas City. The leaves are starting to turn yellow and the temperature is starting to cool down. The start of fall here means...Fall Festivals! This weekend Overland Park hosted theirs so we went to check it out on Saturday. Our bff's the Johnsons joined us and fun was had by all! We toured all the craft tents with kettle corn and diet dp in hand. We even watched a little parade!

Chris and Josh delivered the cokes to their "high maintenence" wives.

Ok, and I can't forget to post this link at the end. I came across this post on the LPM blog the other day and Chris and I both just laughed so hard. All I have to say is if you grew up in Texas and had the pleasure of experiencing the coveted homecoming mum...lift up a prayer of thanks. And when/if you move to some other state where people do not know what "homecoming mums" are...just remember...how can they believe if they have not yet heard? And when those people laugh and mock you because you wore a giant fake flower with streamers hanging from it and hung it on your wall for the remainder of your high school career...just hold on to that Texas Pride. It will carry you through.

1 comments:

Loren Linn Webb said...

Kelly .. this is so awesome !! I am laughing out loud about it. Fun memories !!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com