April 2, 2011

Rock the Parkway

This morning I got up bright and early to run my first 10k! Chris, winner of the best husband award, got up with me and headed to the race. A few months ago, I was thinking about how I could challenge myself with running and I just didn't feel like a half marathon was for me. Thats when I discovered the 10k. I think this might be the perfect distance for me. It was pretty tough to make it through those 6 miles but at the same time I wasn't hating my life. I enjoyed running the historic Ward Parkway here in KC and I definitely think I'll do this one again next year!


Yes, I did wear my winter coat this morning...yes, it is April 2nd.

Getting ready to take off!!

This was just before I crossed the finish line.

I did it! Such a good feeling.

After the race they had pizza, Chick Fil A and chocolate milk....yum!

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com