December 14, 2011

Bahamas!

Well...I think I'll just pretend that it hasn't been eight months since I last posted : ) Let's get straight to the fun stuff!

Chris and I took an amazing trip to the Bahamas to celebrate our 5 year anniversary! Chris booked the entire thing and planned every detail which was so awesome. He even checked with my principal since I had to take a few days off of school. We left on Tuesday and hopped on a plane to Palm Beach. That night we stayed in the Marriott. This was probably the low point of the trip for me because I had a little stomach bug from one of my lovely 3rd graders.

The next day we hopped on a cruise ship and headed to the Bahamas. We sailed all through the night and arrived at Grand Bahama Island the next morning.

We had a wonderful balcony at our resort. 

This was the beautiful view! White sandy beaches and crystal clear blue water!

We literally spent the majority of each day relaxing on the beach...it's a hard life, but someone has to do it : )

Ready for some relaxation on the beach!




They had a cute little market right across the stree from our hotel so we ventured out a few times to try some of the local food! We ate mexican food for lunch one day and italian food for dinner one night.  They had Christmas music playing the whole time which was pretty funny because it was about 80 degrees.

It was really humid in the Bahamas=the reason my cute hat stayed pretty much glued to my head!

Chris braved the many, many bees surrounding this little hut to order us some  pina colodas!




After many days we were extremely sad to leave the Bahamas and head back to chlly Kansas City. What a wonderful way to celebrate the past 5 years of marriage! Some days are hard and some days are easy...but I wouldn't want to be on this journey with anyone else.

There must be a God, I believe it's true,

Cause I can see His love, when I look at you.

And He must have a plan, for this crazy life,

Cause He brought you here, and placed you by my side.

And I have never been so sure of anything before,

Like I am in this moment here with you.

Now for better or for worse,
This is so much more than only words,

And I pray everyday will be the proof

That I mean what I say when I say I Do.

When I Say I Do by Matthew West

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com