Age: six months
Stats: weight- 20.8 lbs (97th %ile) length 26.5 inches (50th %ile)
Clothes: You are wearing all 6 month clothes now and most 6-9 months. Most of your pants are a little long (hence the 50th percentile for height up there) so we just roll them up. It's getting colder now and getting you dressed in long sleeves, long pants, socks and shoes is quite the adventure. But you look adorable in all your winter gear. You have a red/black plaid vest that I put you in for our Christmas card photo and I think it might be my favorite thing ever.
Favorite Activities: You have really started playing this month! You LOVE the exersaucer and the jumparoo that hangs from the door frame. When you are playing in either one of those we will say "jump, jump, jump" and those little fat legs just go crazy and you get the BIGGEST smile on your face. You also love anytime you can lay on your back and grab your feet. This happens mostly at bath time and it's your favorite thing to do. You are getting much better at being "out and about" and just this month you sat in a high chair at two different restaurants! You loved looking all around while mommy and daddy ate. You are also sitting up in the shopping cart now which you love too! There is so much to look at and you get so many compliments from everyone.
Least Favorite Activities: I'm beginning to sense a theme with you and it's called "don't mess with me". You don't like to get dressed, undressed, diaper changed, coat put on, etc. And heaven forbid if I try to roll up your sleeves or put shoes on you. I think if it was up to you, you would just go naked.
Favorite Memory this Month: I feel like you have grown my leaps and bounds this month. A few of my favorites were: watching you try new foods and putting you in your halloween costume was THE BEST THING EVER. On the night of your 6 month dr. appt you were jumping in your little jumparoo and I guess you were just so worn out from the day and your shots that you bounced yourself right to sleep. Daddy and I were DYING LAUGHING and made a video of you. It was the sweetest, most pathetic and hilarious thing. Don't worry, after we made the video, we gave you a bath and put you right to bed.
Signature Moves: You have found your voice this month! You have been babbling for quite awhile but this month you have found out that you can scream! You like to make a really high pitch, loud, happy scream. Sometimes, I think you are upset but one look at your face and I can see a BIG smile. I think sometimes you surprise yourself too when you do it haha!
Mom's Proudest Moment: I was SO proud of you when we had to go to the doctor this month. Our appointment took a VERY long time and you did so well waiting. You got fussy but fell asleep in my arms. And of course you hated it when you got your shots but I was so proud of you. I always hate that part the most and it just breaks my heart to watch you in pain but once I held you, you calmed down. You were such a trooper.
Here are a few pics from this month...You were helping Daddy read the Bible. And by read, I mean trying to rip the pages out. : )
It was nice outside so we spent several afternoons playing on the patio! Bear like to come out and play with us too.
We gave out "Breakfast To Go" to all the apartment residents and it was chilly that morning so we bundled you up! You have a bright yellow jacket and Daddy likes to call you "the fish stick man" when you wear it.
I could just eat you up!
Unfortunately, you only wore your Halloween costume for about 20 minutes because it was hotter than blue blazes on Halloween night. Oh Texas : ) But you looked adorable!!
A few outtakes from our "photo shoot"
Cormac Lain,
I am going to sound like a broken record but you get more fun and more enjoyable every single month. And every single month when I sit down to write this, I think, "How is it possible that I can love someone this much?" You are getting SO much personality. You love to laugh and give big smiles to everyone you see...even people at Costco! Speaking of going to Costco, you are sitting up in the grocery cart so well. You LOVE to look all around while we shop. You have a total of FOUR teeth now. Two on the top and two on the bottom. Lately, you have been a little curious about those top teeth and keep pulling your top lip over them. It makes me and Daddy laugh because you look like an old man who forgot his dentures. We like to say, "put your teeth in grandpa!" when you do this. You have also found your screaming voice lately : ) You absolutely love to let out happy screams all day long while you play. A few nights ago while you were in the bath I handed you a little rubber duck and made a "quack" sound. Well, you just thought it was the most HILARIOUS thing and laughed for a long time while I kept quacking away. Hearing your laughter is the most precious sound. Luckily Daddy came in and got it on video for us to have forever. Sweet son, you are such a gift from the Lord and we are so thankful for you each and every day. We love you more than words could ever say.
Love,
Momma & Daddy
Chicken Bacon Gnocchi
5 days ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment