February 26, 2014

nine months!



Age: nine months!
Stats: 22lbs (85th %ile)
Clothes:  You are wearing all 9-12 month clothes now. And lucky for you, you have a bunch of cute new outfits to wear now : ) Unfortunately, that belly of yours is a little big and some of your pants are too tight which just makes us laugh! And, just the other day, I went through all your clothes and once again boxed up the clothes that are now too small. It's so bittersweet.
Favorite Activities:  You are MOVING EVERYWHERE. I wouldn't quite call it a full  on crawl but you have  your own hybrid version of crawling that is somewhere between and army crawl/scooting yourself with your toes/rolling. A few days ago I went into the kitchen and left you sitting up by the chair. It had only been about two minutes when I heard you getting into the fireplace. You better believe I came running! You also love to EAT. You have started eating finger foods at breakfast and dinner and I'm pretty sure you would keep eating if we kept supplying the food. So far you like: pears, oranges, bananas, peas, carrots, avocado, chicken...and the list goes on! This has made eating out with you much more fun. We just bring along your finger foods and you can eat while we eat. We went to Pei Wei on Valentines Day for our family date and you loved watching everyone. It kept you quite entertained!
Least Favorite Activities: It is pretty much torture anytime I: put your clothes on, take clothes off, wipe your nose, put shoes on, put socks on, buckle you in the car seat. You still don't like to be "messed with" : )
Favorite Memory this Month: A few...usually when you wake up from a nap or in the morning, I will come into your room and bend down to look at your through the slats on your crib. You think this is so funny and will usually try to grab my nose or hair. We like to "talk" like this for  a few minutes before I get you up. You have also started to crawl all over me when we are playing. Sometimes I will tickle you or fly you like an airplane and you just laugh and laugh. It just melts my heart. But my favorite moment of the day is at the very end, when we are snuggled together in your dark room and you are drinking your bottle. You will almost always hold my hand. One night I got a little teary thinking about the time when you won't want to hold my hand...but for now, I try to just take a mental snapshot of your chubby little fingers wrapped around mine.
Signature Moves: rolling/army crawl/reaching...you are on the MOVE. Smiling. You love to smile at anyone who will look at you including but not limited to: mom, dad, grandparents, strangers in the grocery store. Just today you were "flirting" with two teenage girls in Target. I turned to see what you were smiling so big at...and there they were!
Mom's Proudest Moment: I'm having such a hard time picking just one moment out of this whole month because really, I feel proud of you everyday. Don't get me wrong, we have our hard times where you are upset or cranky...but for the most part you are so fun to be with! You are easy going when we are out and about and you are fun to play with at home.

We were playing and Bear came and sat right by us. It was such a sweet moment.
After stroller strides one morning, you were playing with your friend. I'm a little sad to say I took this picture right before you pushed him down. We'll work on that : )
I don't know what was happening with your hair here...but it's hilarious. And your sleepy eyes. Anyhow, this was on Valentine's Day and your shirt says "Dr. Love". Yes, yes you are.
You like to have a little snack when you wake up from your afternoon nap. Usually a "baby mum mum" and some juice (water). I think we were watching the Olympics here.

You LOVE to stand up. Usually, I will sit close to you and you love to go back and forth between me and your little table or the furniture.


Your Daddy and I cannot get enough of this little smirk of yours. It is so funny!


This pretty much sums up most of our days...Ellen on TV, laundry, brother Bear and YOU!
Dear Cormac Lain,
What a month it has been! You are growing SO much and I know I say that every month...but it's true. You sure are keeping us on our toes now that you are moving all around. I love to just watch you inspect everything you find while you are crawling around this house. Unfortunately, you find lots of dog hair so we have to take that away. Mommy gets to vacuum lots lately : ) Speaking of Mommy...you definitely have some separation anxiety. Pretty much any time I leave your sight you let me know how much you don't like that. It's a little heart breaking to leave you in the nursery even though I know you start playing immediately after I leave. Your babbling has picked up too! You love to say "mamamama, babababa, dadadada" and a bunch of other gibberish : ) I find myself almost daily trying to take mental snapshots of you. I know I won't...but I want to always remember you at this age. I love your little chubby hands and the way you just shove your food in your mouth with your entire hand. I love your sweet red hair and your soft skin. I love to hear your laugh and the way it just explodes from you. I love the way I can look at you with a big smile and you will (almost) always return it. Of course you have your hard days and fussy times...but you are such a joy. It's weird to think that you've been out of my belly as long as you were in there. I had no idea my heart could feel this much love and the best part is, I know it will just keep growing with you. Cormac Lain, we love you more than words could ever say.
Momma & Daddy

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com