January 17, 2014

eight months!


Age: eight months!
Stats:
Clothes:  You are still wearing mostly 6-9 month clothes. Some six month clothes are a little snug around your belly : ) You got some pants for Christmas that are nine months and fit great. You also got lots of new shoes for Christmas that are size 3. I'm still waiting for you to be a size 4 and wear your TOMS.
Favorite Activities:  You love to play! When Momma is playing with you : ) You have just recently started voicing your dislike for me to leave the room at any point in time. I think we are starting to have a little separation anxiety. You are doing so good at sitting up and playing with your toys. You aren't wobbly anymore at all. However, I think you are trying to figure out how to go from sitting up to your tummy because sometimes you just fall over backwards. You love to pull toys out of any type of bucket. I will usually put you down with a bucket filled with a few different toys and you love  just pulling them out. You also LOVE your bath time. You got a new inflatable duck that you sit in now and you love to just splash around and play. I know I say this every month, but this month so far is my favorite.
Least Favorite Activities: Speaking of being on your tummy...you still don't really like it. I'm trying to put you on your stomach more so you can figure out the whole crawling thing. You also REALLY don't like to wear shoes...or socks...or a hat...or a coat...or mittens...sensing a theme here?
Favorite Memory this Month: Well...I'm not sure this was my "favorite" memory of the month...but it was memorable! We took our first long drive to Houston for Christmas. You did great in the car but not so great while we were there. You would barely nap and sleeping at night was horrible. So much so that on the second night we just couldn't get you to calm down. You were screaming for over 2 1/2 hours. We tried everything...giving you a bottle, putting you in our bed, rocking, bouncing, patting. You were inconsolable. So, finally we decided enough was enough and packed up to come home. At 1:30 in the morning. It was crazy but you finally fell asleep in the car and I think we were all glad to just be home.
Signature Moves: You started babbling this month! You will say "ma ma ma ma ma" and "ba ba ba ba ba". It's pretty funny to "talk" to you. You also learned to clap your hands this month. You love to clap and bang toys together.
Mom's Proudest Moment: Since it was Christmas time, it was such a joy watching you discover all things Christmas. You loved the lights on all the Christmas trees and looking at all the ornaments. You weren't too sure what to think of all your presents that you got from your grandparents/aunt/uncles but you LOVED the wrapping paper! I think the best part is that I know one day you will know the real reason for Christmas and that will be a beautiful thing.

A few pictures from this month...
Morning snuggles in Momma and Daddy's bed...I tucked you into my side...


 We moved to a new apartment this month which was crazy! But you loved playing in the boxes!
 Aunt Kathy gave you a big turtle ball pit and you love to pull all the balls out. The clean up is kind of tedious...but its worth it because you will play with this for quite a long time!

 Starting to army crawl a little bit!


 We can't leave out Bear : ) He's so glad we put  out this nice soft place for him to lay and play with all these balls.
 Bear is such a good big brother! He is so patient and let's us put tissue paper on his head. : )
 You are trying to pull up so you can reach Bear. I don't think he  minds : )

 We were trying to pack/move so we put you in the bathtime duck and threw a bunch of balls in with you. You loved it!
 For Christmas, I got you and Daddy matching shirts. Two handsome boys.



 Thank goodness for Baby Einstein! It saved the last 30 minutes of our car ride to Houston.




0 comments:

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com