Well on Sunday morning we finally decided to take the test. To our surprise it was positive : )
Chris was actually preaching at a church in Blue Springs that morning so off we went! Luckily we didn't know anyone there so we didn't have to worry about spilling our guts.
Later that day I did end up telling my mom and dad over the phone. The next week we were able to mail a book home to Chris's parents and tell them over skype. Over the next few weeks we kept our news to just our families while we waited for the right timing.
On Oct. 19th we went for our first appointment to the doctor. She had a little trouble finding the heartbeat with the doppler so she asked us to come back in on Monday morning for a sonogram. The doctor said that was very normal because we weren't very far along. We didn't feel worried and felt the Lord's peace about the situation. On Monday we went in bright and early and got to see our little one for the first time. What an amazing experience. I think that's when it finally sunk in and felt a little more "real".
Now that I am in the 2nd Trimester I am feeling really good! I definitely had morning sickness during those early weeks but a little toast and ginger ale seemed to help. I was also so completely exhausted during those early weeks and feel that I am finally getting my energy back.
We feel completely blessed with our little miracle and daily see God's provision in our lives. Baby Branigan is expected to arrive somewhere around May 19th.
Here is the video we put on facebook to "tell the world" : )



1 comments:
We are so stinking excited for you two. We absolutely loved the video and everyone's reaction at small group. Priceless. We miss you tons and can't wait to meet Baby Branigan. Tell Bear that Kona says hi and that she misses him.
Post a Comment