July 7, 2009

Seeing Red, White, and Blue

Well for the past week we've been in Arlington celebrating the Fourth of July with our families! We drove in on Sunday and left a week later on Sunday again. Sandwiched in the middle were lots of fun activities!!
I should say that the Fourth of July is my absolute favorite holiday. Yes, even more than Chrismas. I just love everything about it. The music, the fireworks, the food and most of all the family. I have such fond memories of going to the parade with my Dad as a little girl and even shooting fireworks in our backyard. The Fourth of July is also right around the time Chris and I started dating so its a really special time for us as well.
So each year we have tried our best to make it home to be with our families on this great holiday. (The first year we lived in KC we didn't come home and it was honestly one of the hardest things...so we don't make that mistake anymore)
I'm pretty sure that there are angels in heaven who rejoice when you cross the Texas state line...
Things we did consisted of 1. Eating 2. Shopping 3. Lots of Fourth of July festivities and 4. More eating.
When we come home we always like to eat at the places that we don't have here in Kansas so we ate at Spring Creek, Kitchen de Branigan, and Braums. (Confession: we may have eaten at Braums more than once...or twice. Who can resist a twist in a waffle cone?!)
We also go to do A LOT of fun things with our families...

We practiced making balloon animals...

We went to a Rangers Game

We sang "Deep in the Heart of Texas" at the top of our lungs...

We went to the Concert in the Garden, always a family favorite : )



We watched the best fireworks in town (at the Concert in the Garden)



We went to the Arlington Fourth of July parade. One of, or the biggest, Fourth of July parades in the nation! They aren't lyin that everythings bigger in Texas!

We danced when the Colt Drum Line came by playing their infamous song. Kick'em Colts!

And on Sunday we got to see Taylor, my little brother, get baptized!


My Dad got to baptize him which was really special.


And then we loaded up our truck, like the Clampetts, and were off to Beverly...err, I mean Kansas.

We had to bring back some furniture to go in our new apartment.

We really had a fabulous time with our families and were sad to say good bye (It just really doesn't get easier...) but will be glad to be saying hello again in just 3 weeks! Special thanks to Liz for getting married then!!

1 comments:

Loren Linn Webb said...

Fun !! I missed my family so much on July 4th. I wish I could have been celebrating with them. So glad you got to be with family on your favorite holiday. :)

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com